Trinh Foundation Australia works to assist the Vietnamese people to establish Speech Therapy as a profession in their country. We collaborate with our Vietnamese partners to create ...
You can volunteer for Trinh Foundation in a number of ways – and you don’t have to leave the country, if you don’t want to. We are always looking for volunteers, to travel to Vietnam ...
TFA works in partnership with a number of educational and clinical institutions throughout Vietnam to deliver on our mission of bringing speech therapy to Vietnam ...
In 2017 The Trinh Foundation supported Mrs Xuan Thi Thanh Le to work with Professor Sharynne McLeod and Dr Ben Phạm to study Southern Vietnamese children’s speech acquisition.
The research involved testing 132 children aged 3;0–5;11 living in Ho Chi Minh City. The children’s consonants, semivowels, vowels, and tones were assessed using the Vietnamese Speech Assessment (VSA) and the Intelligibility in Context Scale (ICS). The journal article written to document this research has just been published in the journal Speech, Language and Hearing. Here is the reference and link:
• Le, X. T. T., McLeod, S. & Phạm, B. (2021, in press). Consonant accuracy and intelligibility of Southern Vietnamese children. Speech, Language and Hearing.
The article complements the following articles that have been published about Vietnamese children’s speech acquisition:
• Phạm, B., & McLeod, S. (2016). Consonants, vowels and tones across Vietnamese dialects. International Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 18(2), 122-134.
• Phạm, B., & McLeod, S. (2019). Vietnamese-speaking children’s acquisition of consonants, semivowels, vowels, and tones in Northern Viet Nam. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, 62(8), 2645-2670.
• Phạm, B., McLeod, S., & Harrison, L. J. (2017). Validation and norming of the Intelligibility in Context Scale in Northern Viet Nam. Clinical Linguistics and Phonetics, 31(7-9), 665-681.
• Phạm, B., McLeod, S., & Le, X. T. T. (2016). Development of the Vietnamese Speech Assessment. Journal of Clinical Practice in Speech-Language Pathology, 18(3), 126-130.
The above picture shows Kate Margetson and Dr. Cao Bích Thủy (Head of Rehabilitation Department, Da ... read more
Our database contains the locations of over 33 speech therapists and clinics located in Vietnam.
How Vietnam’s first 33 graduate speech therapists are helping the people who need them.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER